So what the SG-19 team looks like?
|Major Rise, Sergeant Kovach, Corporal Stone, Pvt O'Brian (Peter Pig)|
Major Jonathan Rise is a STAR (p.6 of the 5150: New Beginnings Rulebook). As with my other 5150:NB Star, Sean Cooper, I want a little challenge so I don't use all the star attributes: Leader (p.32),
I rolled one attribute: Smooth. The other attribute, Wary, is the same for all the military characters in the team. They are all members of the Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance (an elite unit). To be part of a SG team you need to demonstrate "truly outstanding skills or knowledge vital to the mission" (Stargate SG-13, p. 27)...
Sometimes the team needs more brain than muscle, here come Dr Jones ;-)
|Dr Lubiana "Luby" Jones (GZG)|
The marines use the POLICE reaction tests and are DUTY motivated. Dr Jones uses the LWC reaction tests and is SURVIVAL motivated.
What is part of the RECON field of expertise (Stargate SG-13, p. 45):Guns (Light Automatic), Navigation,Tactics, Throwing, Boating, Demolition, Electronics Operation, Photography, Swimming, Map, Camouflage, Climbing, Intimidation, Stealth, Survival, Tracking, Traps.
Apart from weapons, equipment is as follows (SG-13, p. 50-51):
- Fatigue uniform: Baggy shirt and trousers covered in pockets, underwear, socks, boots, gloves, poncho, webbing.
- Personal basics: Toothbrush, soap, toilet paper, chewing gum, writing implements and notebook, etc.
- Survival basics: Bayonet or large knife and assorted miniaturised survival gear – matches, fishing hooks and line, snare wire etc.
- Canteen with one quart of water (3 lbs). Weighs 1 lb empty.
- Codebook and list of radio frequencies.
- Garage Door Opener (0.5 lbs). Transmits a code alerting SGC to open the Stargate iris; at least one member of each team carries a GDO – by mid-season 3, everyone seems to have one.
Combat Load (about 25 lbs)
- Armour vest and helmet.
- Personal weapon (M-16, MP-5 or P90) with six magazines.
- Grenades: Six fragmentation and two smoke.
- Combat com-link (range 2 miles).
- Officers also receive a pistol (M-9) and three loaded magazines for it.
Very cool idea. Keep us updated a much as possible pease.ReplyDelete
This is very cool indeed, looking forward to seeing what else transpires. This seems like a natural pairing.ReplyDelete
Looks like the start of a nice campaign.ReplyDelete
Look forward to seeing how these play out :DReplyDelete
Great to see Stargate in 15mm :)ReplyDelete
Great work all round!ReplyDelete
Great article..I am looking so forward to your blog comment and I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty.ReplyDelete